A headache, often in one side of the head, accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and extreme sensitivity to light and sound is called a migraine. Most people get to know a migraine attack even before the headache through visual disturbances like flashes, splotches, zigzags, or shimmering colored lights surrounding a blind spot this stage called aura.
Migraines are always irritating. It can leave you sick all through the day. Taking a tablet during an attack may not help you at times.
- ice pack: ice pack is popular home remedy to get rid of tension as well as migraine headaches. It has a numbing effect that alleviates pain.
- Ginger: Drink ginger tea a few times throughout the day until you get relief.
- don’t skip meals: people who has a history of migraine should never skip meals.
- Sleep well: Make sure you get ample sleep.
- Supplements: take supplements like vitamin B2 and magnesium.
- Drink coffee: Add caffeine to your diet.